155/365 - Biker Chick

This is me and my Bridgestone X0-1 "hybrid" bike. I bought this bike in 1992 and road it a bit and then got too busy with work and raising my son, that it has sat in my cellar for 15 years untouched. In May of this year (2009) I had decided to take it to get reconditioned and tuned up so I could start riding it again. The day that I was supposed to pick my bike up from the shop was the day that I took my "big" fall and broke my ankle (May 30, 2009) So again, it sat in my cellar for 2 1/2 more months.

Well today, Sunday, August 23, 2009, I finally went for my first bike ride in over 15 years on this beautiful bike with my friend Susan. We cycled 5 miles this morning and she encouraged me the entire way. When I felt like my legs could not peddle any more up the hills and I wanted to get off and walk...Susan kept me going. The absolute bonus was the final down hill cruise back to my house. It was over, I was home and I did it!!!
And the good new is that I will do it again and again.

Comments